User Profile
hi, I'm 23yrs.my menstruation starts since before 9years.my period is irregular.my period cycle is 21-25days.i know that normal period cycle is 28 days.last 3months i had huge bleeding in period.and pain in my leg.so i face many problem.if this irregular period has any affect in sexual life?I'm not married.
my friends tells that when they wants to sex or seeing any thing like that they face some vaginal bleeding.but i don't feel so.when i kiss my bf or he touch me i don't face any vaginal bleeding.is this a serious problem?
or this problem is related to my irregular period?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A16194
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Having a menstrual cycle of 20-25 days is normal. The length of menstrual cycles can vary from 20 days upto 60 days. Most women have 28-30 day cycle so it is a common myth that cycles should be of 28 days to be considered normal.
The sensation of ‘vaginal bleeding’ when sexually aroused is not due to bleeding but increased vaginal secretions when you get sexually aroused. Continue to enjoy normal healthy sexual life. Do not believe in myths.
If you are still worried about your period cycles, then I would suggest you to go ahead with an examination done by a GYNECOLOGIST along with hormonal analysis to make sure that here are no hormonal issues involved for your symptoms.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.