Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

15 yrs old, not gotten my period in about 7 months?

User Profile
I am 15 years old and i have had my period for 2 or 3 years, but i haven't gotten my period in about 7 months. i am overweight not really stressed, i did start a new sport kind of thing but its not that active. i have not had sex but have done other things. please let me know what to do, i am too scared to talk to anyone about it. thanks :)

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A21370
Hi
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Absence of periods for more than 2 months is not normal. You should consider visiting a gynecologist to look out for hormonal derangements, ovarian problems, other causes for secondary amenorrhea, etc. If you had been sexually active, then you should also consider getting an ultrasound scan done to confirm rule it pregnancy and to have the gestational age of baby and probable conception date if pregnant (pregnancy is possible even with pre-cum coming in contact with vagina if you are during your fertile days). The scan done will also help in looking for any ovarian problems.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.