Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

40 yrs old housewife...most of the time she doesnt talk

User Profile
hello actually m writing for my mother.. she is a 40 yrs old housewife... n undergoing depression problem from the last 10 yrs... shez been taking sleeping pills at nyt for a proper sleep n also regular medicines but since then also she is not getting welll... she sometimes feel good and talk to us but most of the time she doesnt like to do anything and keep sleeping on her bed... my sister cooks the food and does ther other household works... v all are very tensed in d family as soetimes she gets okay and does all the works n talk to us also.. but sometimes she doesnt even will to talk to us or watch tv... plz suggest something..

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2011
Depression Answer A25759
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it looks like depression to me.

I will suggest that she needs psychotherapy along with phramacotherapy.Please get in touch with an experienced counselor.Supportive counseling feels helpful, and as part of the overall treatment plan does help. But, unless the depressed person makes critical life changes, the depression will continue.

Treatment options include cognitive behavior therapy, medicines like SSRI’s, benzodiazepines and psychological counseling.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.