Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

46 yrs old and a cancer survivor, I am very concerned

User Profile
I have pain in my lower right back it is iratating and constant it makes my hips and buttocks hurt very bad it is always wrose in the morning when I get up, I am 46 yrs old and a cancer survivor, I am very concerned "Could this be my kindeys? It is mirsable, I can't sit long and walking up steps is very painful, It has been going on for over a week and I also wake up sick to my stomach with sweats. Can you help me?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2013
Kidney Conditions Answer A43779
Welcome to e health forum.

The cause of pain in the lower lateral back and hip can be due to conditions affecting various structures including - the kidney, hip and sacroiliac joints, and other soft tissues.

Hence the cause of the pain can be due to kidney stones, hip arthritis, spinal disc prolapse related neurological involvement, muscular inflammatory conditions, etc.

The presence of pain on sitting long durations and while climbing stairs - is indicative of a possible musculoskeletal or neurological involvement, rather than the kidneys.

A proper physical examination by your primary doctor or a orthopedic doctor might be helpful to make a specific diagnosis about your condition.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.