Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

3-4 yrs of depression, PMDD. brain fog, recurring BV

User Profile
Hi there,

I'm hoping you can help me. I have had a collection of symptoms for 3-4 years now they are debilitating.

I have symptoms of depression and on ADs, I have severe PMS 3 weeks of month (PMDD symptoms - rage, suicidal thoughts, horrendous tension, insomnia, fatigue ), really unbearable brain fog (my cognition is so slow, I can't easily speak sometimes, memory recall is bad), IBS, a small amount of ringworm and also psoriasis, severely unpleasant and strong smelling underarm sweat, recurring BV/vaginitis, not great breath, anxiety.

A naturopath diagnosed candida 3 yrs ago and I did a big diet and it helped but isn't sustainable. She also did a hormone saliva profile which showed low oestrogen (incidentally I feel the best around ovulation) but the doc has done hormone tests and say are normal.The doc has done a range of blood tests, all normal.

I've been off work for 18 months now, its very hard. Can anyone help me piece together the symptoms and help me? Thank you so much.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2015
General Q and A Answer A51092
I appreciate your concern

The symptoms and conditions you described cant be attributed to a single cause and would require at least three different consultations. For the depression , PMDD and confusion, you may initially be assessed for a response to SSRI medication such as Fluoxetine or escitalopram. A mini mental state exam by a psychiatrist should precede the medication and additional counseling for behavioral cognitive therapy may also be done.IBS has a CNS associated correlation with anxiety and depression and the SSRIs may help in countercating the IBS, too.
As far as the Bacterial Vaginosis is concerned, a single dose Fluconazole followed by probiotics course should help treat it. For the psoriasis , please consult a dermatologist
for tailoring the medication accordingly like corticosteroids, coal tar, vitamin d etc based on the severity of this inflammatory multisystemic disorder. The foul smell and
breath disorders would require screening for diabetes and metabolic profile including liver , renal fuction tests and electrolytes before a final conclusion is reached.
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.