Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

16 yrs, i vomit every time i eat, and have painful kidney?

User Profile
Hello, I am 16 years old. I am a female. I was on fluoxetine hydrochloride (prozac)off it now. For a year now, every time I eat I vomit shortly after (two t five minuts) this can . Every meal no matter what i eat. most fluids come back up too. even when i haven't ate for a while i ca still be sick. i have had barium swallow - normal, helicobacter test - normal, ultrasound - non cancerous cyst on liver, had blood tests done, times coming back low potassium never had my thyroid checked. really cold and lost a bit of weight not alot. every meal i eat i vomit - this is involuntary, i dont do anything to self inflict this. i am currently on the laxtive lactulose, for constipation, my left kidney sometimes gets so painful i think its too much water retention cause if i am sick and lots of fluid comes up it goes away, i get a sharp pain under my rib cage (left).

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2011
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A27812
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Based on the history and the description you may be mostly having gastric reflux associated vomiting and nausea.

Your symptoms can be helped with medications like proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole, and antiemetics like dramamine.

You can also consult with a gastroenterologist who can prescribe you prokinetic medications, which will improve the Gastrointestinal motility and hence reduce your symptoms.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.