Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

24 yr old 3-4 times a day pain occurs I can't move or speak

User Profile
I am a 24 year old male who currently was discharges from the military. I still continue to exercise every morning. I have a son to be due very soon and have been told that my pains are due from stress. The pains have been happening on a record of maybe 3-4 times a day only last for a minute or less. It sometimes feels like a jolt and other times a deep dull pain. When pain occurs I can not move or speak, only lie in a position that is comfortable and wait for it to go away. My mother has had heart surgery to correct an open valve in her heart. I have become very scared that symptoms might be something more serious. Please help and thank you for any help given

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2012
Chest Pain Answer A37361
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Left sided chest pain can be due to chest pathology,heart issues, muscle strain, intraabdominal pathology such as tender and enlarged spleen,gall bladder problems, pancreatitis etc.Stress and anxiety could also cause similar symptoms.
Usually it is common at young age to have these symptoms due to anxiety and stress but it would be advisable to get a complete examination and investigations as ECG,Blood test etc to rule out the exact cause.

Some simple measures that can help you include-

1. Practice relaxation exercises like yoga, deep breathing exercises, etc.

2.Do a regular workout or exercise like aerobics.

3. Decrease sugar intake in your diet.

4. Indulge in some interesting hobbies.

5.Listen to music , go to parks or picnics with friends, etc.
These will relax your tension to a large extent and you will feel better.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.