Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

20 yr old peeing for days, then had a vasovagal reaction?

User Profile
So my friend back in Puerto Rico have been peeing without stopping for days. She is a 20 years old female. She went to hospital last Sunday but the doctors found her fine and discharged her from the hospital. Here is the thing she continued releasing fluids out of her urinary tract and her family decide to put her adults diapers. Today she went to the bathroom and had a vasovagal reaction and when the paramedics get to the house she was without vital signs but they resurrect her. Any thoughts about what is happening to her? I know that there is good doctors in Puerto Rico but any external help will be appreciate it. Thanks and sorry for my english.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2011
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A20393
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. From the symptoms that you have described, it looks like hypovolumic shock. Hypo means low and volemic means volume. It is shock due to water loss which is caused due to sudden lack of fluid within the body.

This causes sudden increased heart rate and respiration and low blood pressure. Your friend needed immediate hospitalization so that her life could be saved. Now a through panel of investigations including blood tests, urine tests, CT scan abdomen and kidney function tests need to be done. Diabetes insipidus also needs immediate evaluation. It is characterized by excessive thirst (polydipsia) and the excretion of enormous quantities of dilute urine (polyuria).

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.