Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

20Yr. Old Male, Healthy, Fit, Chest discomfort, Burning.

Hi there,

Like the subject refers,im a 20 years old male,swimmer,healthy and following an healthy and cared diet.On mid august this year,i started to feel a chest discomfort,right in the middle,center of the chest,at the time i went to the hospital where the doctors performed on me an ecg,echo with doppler,chest X-ray,blood tests.after being followed at the time by 3 doctors,2 heart surgeons and one general medicine doctor,the heart surgeons asked me alot of questions,they even told me to lay down,turned to sides,while they were checking me with a scope,i dont really know the name of it,but its something the doctors use to hear the people heart,anyway they conclude that everything was fine and possible an skeletal-musclar trauma,if it presists they recommended me to get back.So it presists,then i decided to put my family doctor aware of the situation,so,he pointed out gastric-reflux,he gave me some pills,still no effects,now and because the dscomfort still presists,he sent me to do stress test with ecg following the bruce protocol and another chest x-ray.According to the ressults of the stress test,im fine.The X-ray,i did not open the envelope.
My family doctor took this weeks for vacations,so,i feel worried and lost because i don't know what i have and adding to that is the fact that when i browse the internet,i see horrible things like sudden cardiatic arrest,prior signs to sudden cardiatic arrest regarding hypertrophic cardiopathy like chest pain,dizziness and other things which lead ultimately to sudden death while exercise on athletes.
Regarding my family medical history,theres no cases of heart problems at young ages,only my grandmother,mother side had a dilated or enlarged heart and she passed away at the age of 68 years old.
I still have this disconfort on the chest which is permanent but now sometimes it burns,sometimes it moves a bit to the left,almost nipple area and in sometimes it also burns there and i notice on my left chest lateral side the heart beating and i noticed that most of the times my left shoulder hurts on that time.
I drink bad alchohol like vodka,whiskey rarely,only with best friends,vacations altough i like to drink,time to time,a nice glass of red hine at lunch.
I never smoke,altough on the past summer i experienced smoking,a total of 10 to 15 cigarillos in 1 and half weeks.
I had really bad problems with asthma on the first 10,13 years of my life but with aging,it dissapear.

I'm hopping someone can help me out.
Thank your for your time.

Best Regards.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2011
It seems that you have had various doctors examine you without finding anything to worry about. Persistent pain is rarely from the heart. It is possible that your pain is from some musculoskeletal origin. As you know, I am unable to diagnose medical conditins online, but from your story it doesn't sound as if you have to worry about serious problems. At your young age, if your symptoms persist, it might be worthwhile to check in with one of the major health clinics for an additional opinion.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|

replied December 31st, 2012
chest pains, light headed ness, costocondritis.
17 male fit..5 weeks of light headed ness.,lower left chest pains an the area is starting tonfeelnnumb an have sligjt verybslight discoloration. itas diagnosed as costocondritis but imstill unsure. nothing helps its severely painful. an at rimes kn scared fr my life. any answers? i was also told i had positional vertigo. but my main concern is my chest pains. but the lighthradedness aswell is very discomforting.

thanks
|

replied February 26th, 2013
OP, have you had swum a lot or weight lifted a lot? If I do too much push-ups I would have some chest pain in the following days. I do not know exactly why but it's an actual observation.
|
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.