Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

1yr old, hemoglobin is 8.3. her body is weak and yellowish

my daughter's age is one year, weight 8kg and hemoglobin value is 8.3. her body is weak and yellowish color sometimes her head seems bit hot. kindly advice me for her diet and medicine. we are much worried
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2015
Welcome to ehealth forum.

The hemoglobin for your child is reported lower than normal. The mean normal hemoglobin for a 1 yr child should be about 12.0 g/dL.

The presence of yellowish discoloration of her body (Possibly Jaundice) and Generalized weakness could be a indicator of a mild form of hemolytic anemia (Intravascular destruction of red blood cells resulting in anemia).

The cause of such condition could be due to genetic disorders like thallasemia, sickle cell disease, spherocytosis, or due to immune disorders.

It would be recommended that your daughter be examined by a pediatrician or a hematologist so that proper diagnosis and specific treatment of the underlying condition can be initiated.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pediatrics, Diet
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.