Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

5 yr old has Erecting penis with pain, hernia is gone

My son had hernia that caused his testicle sack to swell to a near burst. It was said that the hole in which the testicles passed through from the upper body, as they do, did not close up so that hole was closed through surgery. He is also circumcised, and the pain of the hernia was occurring even before circumcision.The hernia has gone as there is no swelling but from the age 2 and a half his penis started erecting and I was told it was normal but as years went by, he started to communicate well and he told me that it hurts when it erects and occasionally he would cry, he is 5 now. He had serious constipation for about three weeks in summer 2015 and has until now settled. Otherwise he is healthy, well and very energetic. Please let me know if there is something to worry about his erecting penis that "hurts" according to my son.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

The throbbing sensation that is accompanied with normal penile erections is being thought as abnormal by your son, and he percieves it as pain.

This is normal, and there is no reason to be worried.

Proper counselling and education of your son, and explanation, that the symptoms are normal would be helpful.

If you have any doubts you may consult with a pediatrician who can provide a proper medical opinion.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pediatrics
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.