Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

3yr old frequently vomiting

My 3yr old daughter has always had a sensitive gag reflex. I had to change her milk a few times when she was a newborn, had to be careful what texture or amount she was ingesting when she started on new foods or drinks. However, her vomiting and gagging has become chronic in nature. For the last month everytime she eats or drinks something if it doesn't immediately come back up, it will shortly thereafter. Pediatrician recommended Veramist and Loratadine. Not helping at all. So, she is schedule to see a Pediatric GI doctor on Dec. 1. I am completely confused as to what may be causing this and not sure if we can hold off until December to do something. Could this be more of an ENT problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2008
Experienced User
I think your correct to see the GI, but no I would not wait.

When it comes to your child's health you need to be a strong advocate and seek and earlier appointment. Be persistent and see whether or not you can get in earlier via a short notice cancellation.

Mike
|

replied March 11th, 2009
I hate to tell you but there is no cure for this, my toddler is the same way, and I've met a 4 yr old who is now 12yrs old and he's still throwing up after eating if it's something he usually don't eat, or something with small pcs or etc,,,

The thing that's been working for our son is to talk him thru when you see their not gonna keep it in their stomach (like remind her what she just ate, take it out with her fingers if there's something in her mouth) etc,,, Good luck, I know it's not fun, and often embarrasing when out to a restaurant or at a friends house.
|

replied November 8th, 2012
Try lactose free milk. Warm it in a pot with few pieces of ginger in it. Cool it and give. This helped my son stop vomiting frequently.

Good luck
|
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....