Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

9 yr old brother threw up, fever 105.2, can't afford ambu.

User Profile
Yesterday my little brother said he felt like he was going to throw up and other flu symptoms, last night he didn't sleep, then threw up three times. Today he couldn't get out of bed and had a fever of 103.7. About 2 hours later his fever went down to 103.0 and he got up. My mom told him to get a little fresh air, so he went outside and I followed. He kind of stumbled then completely collapsed. He had no idea what happened. We couldn't afford an ambulance, so my mom took him inside and out him on his bed and put the fan on. She checked his temp, which was up to 105.2, and freaked. This happened to him once before and he had gotten up to 106.8 before it went down. What should I do? What happened to him? He is looking really pale then fell off his bed a second time when he collapsed. He is really dizzy and confused, won't eat or drink, and is complaining of a really bad headache, though his words were slurred. He has never been this sick before and I'm really worried. He is 9 years old.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2014
Kids Health and Pediatrics Answer A48637
Thank you for asking
you should be worried but more importantly you should get him to ER.vomiting and nausea and high grade fever and syncope is very emergency and needs urgent address of the situation. fluids resuscitation and temperature control is the priority here. seems like a gastroenteritis. Needs a little work up and monitoring and an urgent visit to ER is mandatory. call 911 and good luck.
let me know what happens then.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.