Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

21 yo wight is 48 and bones are visible

User Profile
hello sir,
my age is 21.my hands are thin,weak and has some visible veins.my weight is 48 and i have weak body like bones are visible on my chest.please tell me the exact nutrition i need to take specifically to overcome this.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2015
Nutrition Answer A52571
Welcome to e health forum.

With the available information and without a face to face interaction, it will be difficult to provide a proper diet advice for you.

A proper diet for you can be determined based on your medical history, your dietary habits (Vegetarian, Non vegetarian, any food allergies, etc) and a physical examination.

The cause of any poor weight gain can be due to gastrointestinal issues (Malabsorption disorders), Diet habits (Irregular and unhealthy diet habits), Chronic Metabolic disorders which either result in loss of energy or cause reduced appetite.

In case, you are in perfect health, then a diet rich in carbohydrates and protein along with exercises that help to improve your muscle bulk will be helpful for you.

Hence it would be recommended that you consult a dietician and a exercise trainer for proper guidance and advice.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Nutrition
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.