Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

10 yo Pain under right breast and bright red blood in stool.

My daughter is 10 years old. She has been on singular and claritin for years because of asthma and allergies. A few months ago I had to take her to her doctor because when she went to the bathroom there was blood in her stool. I freaked out. The doctor said she was okay that he thought she may have a small hemorrhoid. After about another month she did it again. So, I took her to a different doctor to get a second opinion he said he thought she had a fissure that would mend back after time and gave her fiber. She once again done good for a while and now she has bleed again but now she is complaining of pain under her right breast. I'm so worried. Her dad and I have done so much research and the internet will scare you to death. I'm taking her back to the doctor again tomorrow. However, incase, he is no help does anyone know where I can get a idea of what is going on with my daughter? Thanks Pamela
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

Based on the history, it seems that your pain issues that arise immediately after having food could be due to the following conditions :-

1. Gastritis, Gastro-esophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
2. Gall Stones , Gall Bladder dysfunction.
3. Hepatic disorders
4. Malabsorption syndromes

Bleeding from the anus can be due to conditions like hemorrhoids, anal fissures, fistula in ano, chronic constipation related anal ulcers, etc.

At your young age, it is less likely to have the above mentioned conditions.

Most likely the slight blood that you observed on the toilet paper could be due to anal erosions or abrasions as a result of excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus. In such cases the bleeding will be minimal and will not recur often.

Such condition can be treated by application of hydrocortisone cream or creams like preparation-H.

You should consult with your primary physician for a assessment of all your symptoms and a physical examination. This would help to narrow down the most likely condition and allow for specific treatment with prescription medications.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.