Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

14 yo mental health evaluation ?

User Profile
There is some boy, I know he's 14 yrs old, I attend school with him.

How do I go about persuading the professionals there to give him treatment?

Trust me, he needs it a lot it is affecting others also, he is constantly threatening to kill himself, he has severely molested me. He physically abused me.
He tases his kitty, according to what he says.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 27th, 2009
Speak to your teacher or principal. They will have to at least talk to him and if he does need help, adults should be able to tell.
|

User Profile
xoxoaliciaxoxo wrote:
Speak to your teacher or principal. They will have to at least talk to him and if he does need help, adults should be able to tell.

Thanks, so much for the advice.

I am sorta hesitant when it comes to telling them about how abusive he is though, cause if they do not believe me, it may take away all credibility when I explain to them the signs of illness he has.
|

Extremely eHealthy
You can report him annonamously, drop a note in the shcool principals mailbox. Schools in most countries have a legal responsibility to follow up on any report of abuse or sexual assault so they're going to have to talk with him in the first place. You may still be implicated in things if he understands that you were the one that reported him but at least your credibility won't be an issue as far as getting someone to talk to the boy.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi Whispering_WInds,
Pick up the phone and call the police, you have been raped, being rape is an unwanted forible act induced upon another without their consent. That is a felony. Does your school have a police officer within it...most schools do, to include the elementary schools. If so, go straight to his or her office and file complaint. Tell your parents...Do this TODAY. That young man is a danger to other students and need to be takent out of that enviroment before he rapes or kill someone again.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

Extremely eHealthy
Whoah!
Slow down. Nothing in Whispering_WInds post expresses that a felony has occurred. The word she has used is Molest which has a very different meaning than Rape or kill. If a crime has been committed I'm confident her school principal will make sure it is dealt with by the authorities, but contacting the police could be the start of a misunderstanding that will do much more harm than good for this troubled young man.
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2009
I would like to contact the authorities about what he has done to me, the problem with that is if he finds out I am the one who has reported him, I fear he may do it to me again, the authorities won't believe me, and that them not believing me will give him some feeling of great freedom, and that he will abuse me more, and more harsher, or other people, I also fear the abuse he may commit due to anger I even fear my life.

If he does go to jail, I can honestly say hopefully his time there won't contain much abuse.

Him getting abused has made him like this. If he was never abused he would never want to abuse someone else, from the seems of it.

I appreciate all of your advice though.
|

replied December 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Whispering_WInds
Why an abuser violates the rights of someone else is not your problem. Everyone does what they do for a reason and you are not at fault for their problems. You cannot relieve someone of their responsibility as a human being because of their circumstances.

If you're worried about retaliation report this boy anonymously. Maybe you won't change his behavior but it will mean someone is more likely to be watching what he does.
|

replied January 9th, 2010
I would agree with wolf speak to the school a parent ur bravery could help others being intimidated by him
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2010
Well, anyway idk what to do about about him. I know other people who were raped by him. Maybe, if she admits what he did to her to the authority; the authority will actually believe he is a molester and physical abuser, if i admit to the authority what he did to me also. it would help others if they would believe what he did. Apparently, though his ex-girlfriend, doesn't like believing her friend who she spent so much moments with though is an abuser.
|

replied April 10th, 2010
Please don't be so afraid of the consequences of reporting this boy. He needs help and will go on abusing more and more people without it. If you are young and don't feel you can go to an authority figure yourself or write a letter to the principal or teacher (they have to take action to any report made and you can do it anonymously) then go to an aunt or friend of the family. PLEASE SEEK HELP before this situation gets any worse. You deserve better. Every day that goes by unreported is another day he can, may or will do this to another person and no-one deserves it. Good luck - be brave and seek help from whoever you feel you can talk to. They HAVE to take it seriously. My daughter was recently followed home from school - I reported it to the police and only had a vague discription - they didn't care about that and only took my details for their records and the next day were circling the school looking for this kid. You have nothing to lose by reporting this and your self respect, self esteem and dignity to gain.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2010
Thanks, for the advice.
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....