Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

15 yo boy, problematic yeast infection or jock itch

User Profile
I am a 15 year old boy. Recently, I have been experiencing itching on the part of the leg near my penis and a little on the scrotum. After searching a lot I found that this is called yeast infection or jock itch. This is being very problematic for me. Please help.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2014
Yeast Infection Answer A49821
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Avoid self medication and manipulation. Visit your doctor/urologist/dermatologist for thorough examination and evaluation to look for the exact cause for the symptoms that you describe. Further treatment options can be suggested based on your examination findings and evaluation results. Avoid use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area and keep the area clean and dry. Rinse undergarments well and use antiseptic solution for the last rinse. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/urologist/dermatologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.