Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

14 yo, blood and mucus on the paper

User Profile
Hello, I'm a 14 year old boy. I have noticed recently there is blood and mucus on the toilet paper when I wipe. I also have pains near the top of my stomach and people have pointed that i have lost a bit of weight recently and i go to the toilet on average about 15 times a day.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2012
Colon Cancer Answer A40008
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Blood and mucus in the stool is indicative of gastrointestinal issues as infection in the GI tract, any ulcer or swelling, hemmarhoids enlargement, Inflammatory bowel disease etc. Along with that frequency of passing stool is also very high.
You require a clinical examination along with investigations as Stool test, USG scan, Blood test so that the exact cause can be ruled out and treatment started accordingly.

Please do not ignore this.Consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.In mean time:
Take regular healthy diet.

Avoid tobacco in any form.

Try to avoid constipation, have more of salads and fibre in your diet.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.