User Profile
I worried. I have a slightly yellowish tinted circle on the skin near my wrist. Its hardly wider than a quarter, but im always panicking about getting cancer or liver/kidney problems. Its not very big, and you probably couldnt see it from more that 2 feet away without consciously looking for it. Am i gonna lose my liver? I have anxiety problems so every possibility is crossing my mind

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2017
Skin Answer A60882
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern
There are many harmless causes of such discoloured skin patches as yours,these iclude minor bumps,mild sunburns,skin infections like tinea,inflammatory hormonal or autoimmune diseases etc,most of which do not cost you a liver or a kidney.
if its well localized with regular boundries,painless,not raised from the skin with a yellowish tint,its most probably a bump that you didnt notice at that time and now its going away so its changing its colour.You can use betasalic or autasalic ointment on this area to speed up the recovery incase its some sort of mild infection or inflammation.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.