Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Yellow odorless discharge

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have a yellow discharge odorless with slight itching. Sometimes it can get yellow- pale green, (not frothy, not boogie-like). I treated it with thrush medication and it worked but now (a couple of months later) it is back. What can it be?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A12224

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the recurrent yellowish green discharge that you are having for such a long time. Yellowish - green discharge is suggestive of trichomoniasis which is a sexually transmitted disease. It is often seen in combination with other sexually transmitted diseases and so a person having recurrent trichomoniasis should be evaluated for Chlamydia and gonorrhea also. My sincere advice would be to consult a gynecologist and get vaginal or urethral discharge examined under a microscope as well as its culture done. These STD’s have often been associated with inflammation and infertility if present for a long time. Please consult a gynecologist for this.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.