Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Yellow inside nipples

I don't know how to explain it but sometimes, but only for a day, I'll have yellow inside my nipple. It's not like discharge.. I don't think.. because it doesn't leak and it's not wet.. it's hard.. it doesn't hurt I just want to know why and what it is. I just recently had a breast exam.. and everything came back fine. I've had this before, a few times. I'm 18 years old if that helps any?

If anyone can help explain I'd really appreciate it!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Sometimes it could be dirt that 'collects' in the nipple however just to be sure why not go to the doctor and have it check btw do you a self-brest examining yourself every month after your period, it helps to check for any changes such as lump etc.
|

replied September 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
can u scrape it out with your fingernail i have the same thing its just dead skin that collects because if u look your nipple is not all solid so milk can come through later in life when u have a baby
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry if I offened anyone but please do not scrape it with you fingernail because I did it a few times and what happened after that my nipple felt sore so the best way is to wash it away with water when you shower
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....