Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
My domestic worker (Noma) at home is from Zimbabwe. In the six months she's been with me, she has been going through stages where she gets chronic pain on her left side, below her breast. As the pain intensifies, so it spreads to her right side as well. She also gets nauseous and throws up. She has been to 2 local clinics numerous times and has been told that they can't find anything wrong with her. She then went to the government hospital who conducted tests and scans on her. Again she was told there was nothing wrong with her. Yesterday, she was terribley ill and went yet again to the clinic who then told her she has Yellow Fever. I was skeptical but panicked since I have four little children at home. This morning, I took her to our family doctor who after examining her said she did not have yellow fever or hepatitis. After the doctor's visit, Noma told me that she had been having these episodes for years and even when in Zimbabwe, the clinic there had told her she has Yellow Fever. Now I am panicking. In the event that she does indeed have yellow fever, I am concerned for my family. I know that the main carriers of this illness are mosquitos and one human can not infect another human but........we live in a town with subtropical climate and have a lot of mosquitos through out the year, winter and summer!! Our house is full of them! My question is...should a mosquito bite Noma and then bite one of my children, will they become infected? I am terrified since my children are sickly children anyway. Should I have them tested? Should I vaccinate them and if so, what are the side effects of this vaccine? My children do not react well to vaccines! Please help. We adore Noma and want her to stay with us but if it means there is a risk to my family, I would rather manage without a Domestic worker.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Hepatitis
Quick Reply