User Profile
Me and my boyfriend recently had oral and vaginal sex. There was a lot of friction going on down there. After I noticed my vagina hurt more than usual. The next morning I woke up and it was swollen red and had these little white bumps. Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year. I also noticed I’ve been discharging more and it itches and burns down there

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2018
Yeast Infection Answer A63834
The issue you are facing is unlikely to be due to sexually transmited infection. They are more likely due to friction burns

Post coital discomfort is common for women who have recently become sexually active.

Lack of experience, possible fungal infections, tissue abrasions and contusions due to lack of proper lubrication are the most common causes of such soreness.

In most cases, the symptoms would subside on its own without treatment.

But in case, it is intolerable, use of antiinflammatory agents (Ibuprofen), use of proper lubrication can help ease the symptoms and help in faster recovery.

If in doubt, you may consult with your doctor and seek a proper opinion.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.