User Profile
I burn when I wipe is that a yeast infection

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2017
Yeast Infection Answer A62443
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It can be or it cannot be.Yeast infection usually have a discharge.Do you have it? No? Then the chance is less.Strong detergents, lotions, vaginal sprays, bubble baths often contain irritants and allergens that can cause a burning sensation shortly after application.
Menopause causes thinning and shrinking of the vaginal tissue, and loss of the lubrication necessary for painless intercourse. However,a clinical examination is needed to rule out the basic cause of your burning.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.