User Profile
I have been suffering from major itchiness on my bum, vagina and there's one patch of red round irritation on my right thigh. Ive been suffered from this since 5 years ago, and at that time, i did get medication from hospital and they said i was suffering from fungus infection and they gave me some pills and also cream for me to apply, and i did. it went well, and the infection was gone and no more itchiness. but after one year, right after i came back from camping, they came back and worst, at my vagina. i did get the same treatment, but after for while, they came back again. can you prescribe me what tablet should i get and what cream should i buy? because it is getting embarrassing for me to go to see doctor for so many times. and i do take care of my hygiene pretty well,i shower 3 times per day, change my undergarments three times as well, and i no longer go for camping, afraid to get some kind of infections from the dirt. please help me.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2012
Yeast Infection Answer A34570
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on your infective status (and infective agent) without examining you. If infection is suspected, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for at the earliest for thorough examination, vaginal swab/smear test to look for the underlying cause.
For the red skin lesion on thigh and vulval area that you describe, consider taking an opinion from dermatologist. A skin scraping test done from the lesion that you describe will help to look for underlying cause.
Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.