Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

yeast infection is gone now, but...

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I've had a yeast infection and it's gone now, but i had sex with my partner with a condom to make sure he doesn't catch it if it still is there anyway so we're just making sure really. but i had sex the other night with a condom and i was nearly crying in pain with it, we don't generally use condoms, I've used them in the past with other sexual partners but not with this one as there's no need. he's to big for me as it is, but it's that unbearable we had to stop and it feels like it burns afterwards and when he's inside me with the condom on it feels like the condom is coming off him and rolling into me. but when we're about to have sex, i really worry in case it'll hurt and i get myself all worked up and then it hurts more. it doesn't always hurt, and it's not that i'm not wet enough because i am. i can't help not think this. what can i do? ? :( it's really getting me down.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2011
Womens Conditions Answer A25517

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. The symptoms are suggestive of dyspareunia(pain during intercourse).Some possibilities which need to be ruled out are endometriosis,genital infections,pelvic inflammatory disease,vulvodynia,ovarian cysts and adhesions.

Usually pain during the initial stages of penetration is due to UTI and vaginal infection or vaginitis, a tight vaginal wall, sores at the mouth of vagina or vestibulitis, vulvodynia or a dry vagina (frictional injury), thrush or fungal infection. Pain on deep penetration is due to pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, pelvic tumors, cervical and uterine infections and tumors.

In your case it can be due to vulvodynia if the size of his penis is big. Symptomatic treatment includes sitz-baths, anesthetic gels (lidocaine), topical steroid creams, pain relief medications like ibuprofen etc. Avoid any possible irritants including harsh soaps, chemicals, deodorants etc.

If the symptoms persist then I would suggest a gynecologist’s evaluation and an ultrasound or MRI abdomen.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.