Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

2 years undiagnosed MS ... over 12 new lesions, advice? ):

Hi im a 21 year old female. I had an mri done in january 2010 because I was feeling numb and dizzy it lasted for a bout three months and it showed 4 lesions some in frontal lobe others in periventricular region. I was supposed to go for a follow up one in april but found out I was pregnant with my son. I had my son and a few months later started feeling awful again. I didn't go to the doctor because he seemed like he thought I was making up everything even though I had lesions. I saw a new primary doctor and she ordered an mri in november 2011. That came back with 9-10 new lesions and in multiple places she said to see mu neurologist again. He did walking tests and I failed every test as I now am calling over and can't pick up my legs. I cannot drive anymore because I get so dizzy and I cannot see out of ny left eye. He ordered another mri in january that came back with over 12 new lesions the report said. I still cannot walk or pick up even a glass without dropping it. My numbness is still here but emgs are normal he said. I shake so bad sometimes my bf said it scares him. My primary doctor said it seems like ms and he would put me on meds this past Wednesday. Well I paid 20 dollars to be in there for no lie TWO MINUTES and that since my emgs are okay that there is nothing wrong with me?! Then why am I so sick for two years off and on and its getting so bad I can't even work! ):I im so hurt and I don't know what to do! Any advice or am I just normal as he said?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2012
I can only imagine how frustrating this can be for you-
Lesions can be the result of a few things; calcium deposits on the brain and spinal cord; or scar tissue.
If you are pregnant, and experiencing an increase in these lesions, I might guess that they are calcium deposits as being pregnant will use up what calcium you are presently eating.
Many people experience calcium deposits because they are not getting enough magnesium that will allow the calcium to be deposited in the bone. Without magnesium, calcium is left to wander around the body and deposit in other places. We all need about 2-3 grams of calcium a day, and about half as much magnesium to have it absorbed and utilized correctly.
If your lesions are the result of scar tissue, then a generous amount of vitamin E will help to minimize and reduce these scars over time. 400 to 600 units a day from a supplement is safe, but adding vitamin E rich foods as well will be much better.
Because you are pregnant, your body will need lots of nutrients that you probably were not getting before, maybe more than what a simply pre-natal vitamin will provide.
This will explain how muscles work, and address MS specifically from a cellular level.
Best of luck- I wish you and your baby well.
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2012
Experienced User
Start taking Serrapetase too. These enzymes can help to dissolve the scar tissue and juice vegatables on a daily basis.
|

replied February 14th, 2012
I am not pregnant. I WAS two years ago. These lesions are in the past three months. I take vitamins. I take b12 magnesium prenatal (because I like that it has everything) and I take biotin. The dr thinks its ms and has for over two years but now is going solely off of what my Neuro opthamologist has to say. If my optic neuritis is back then he will make a diagnosis he said on friday. Its still crazy that others are on here with no lesions and no optic neuritis and they have their diagnosis and ones with no diagnosis still get meds to help and I haven't gotten any help so im not shaking like a leaf or twitching like I have tourettes or something. Its embarrassing sometimes people stare cause im young and I walk weird ):
|
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....