Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

10 years post replacement surgery...

User Profile
I am 10 years post right side TMJ replacement surgery. I am now having more and more problems with my jaw. My mouth will get stuck when I try to open it, and I have to prepare myself and open my jaw. Does not feel good when this happens. I also have limited opening with my jaw. I suffer from headaches most of the time, and I am now beginning to get sharp pains in my right ear. I was told when I had my surgery that I may have to have surgery again down the line. When surgery was done I did feel relief, but it has gone down hill. I'm not really wanting to have surgery again, I guess I'm kinda looking for possible options...

Thank you,
Sandi

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2011
TMJ Answer A18129
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

According to the symptoms you have described(limited opening of jaw,headaches,pains in ear)it seems like you are having infection.It can also be due to various reasons as cigarette smoking,grinding of teeth,allergy,ear infection,stress.
Since it requires a proper examination it is very difficult to comment on net.Please visit your treating doctor for a thorough examination.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our TMJ , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.