Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

30 years old , trying for a baby for four years

User Profile
hi doc, i am 30 years old trying for baby since four years but useless. i have regular periods , always on date normal length of 3-4 days with normal speed. but smtimes i get periods on time but just one spot on 1st day n then on 4th day with heavy flow. i m wooried of this , why this happens? today is 3 rd day and just 1 spot on first day n nthing else.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2010
Breasts Answer A14638
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The abnormal periods of this cycle could indicate a pregnancy. Some women tend to have period like bleeding at the scheduled period time during the first 3 months of their pregnancy. This happens due to the uterus still not being completely filled with the baby in the first 12 weeks time and there is normal endometrium (part of endometrial lining not involved in building placenta) still available to bleed during period time. After 12 weeks the baby fills the entire uterus so, there is no space for the normal decidua/endometrium to be shed.
In case you do not get your period this time properly, then visit your gynecologist and get a blood beta HCG level and an ultrasound scan done to confirm your pregnancy.
In case you are not found to be pregnant, then I would recommend both you and your partner to go ahead with the infertility work-up to see if any of you have any problems associated that is not allowing for conception. Start with treatment if indicated by the test results for aiding in getting you pregnant.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.