Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

35 years old , periods both regular and irregular

User Profile
I am 35 yrs old. and my periods have been both regular and irregular. I am trying to get pregnant. It has been 6 months and I am still not pregnant it has been a downer. Does anyone have any advice?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A15053
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Irregular periods do tend to cause problems in conception. I would recommend you to go ahead with the infertility work-up both for you and your partner considering your age. If anything is found to be abnormal, treatment can be proceeded in the right direction to help you get pregnant. You will need blood tests, hormonal test, ultrasound scan done. Your partner will need semen analysis to be done. Considering the age factor, (after 30 years of maternal are, chances of baby having chromosomal anomalies are also higher) a karyotyping done for both of you will help to rule out any chances of miscarriages.
Al the best.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.