I have a 3 year son who has been suffering from headaches since he was 18 months old. We are calling them headaches, but are not sure if that is what it really is? My son got his first headache when he was 18 months old. He closed his eyes and cried and vomitied. He was not able to stand up or walk straight at the time. After he vomited he slept for about 1 hour and his headache was gone. We did not think much of it at the time, but as the years go by, we have gotten more concerned. He has these headaches like clockwork. They come every 2 1/2 moths. They last for about 3 days of on/off headaches sometimes with vomiting. I feel so bad for him. They are severe enough to keep him home from preschool and daycare. Nothing we give him seems to help. We have tried over the counter pain relievers. He has had a MRI done to rule out a tumor, and everything looked normal. He has had an EEG done and everything was also normal. We just had a second EEG done hoping to catch him having a headache during the EEG. Of course noting happened during the test and as soon as we stopped the test he started up with his headaches. They are so severe he has to lay under a blanket in a dark room. He usually gets them right after waking up. In the am and after naps, but they also come during the day. They last anywhere from 5min-1hour. Our neurologist does not believe it is anything real serious, but we can not seem to find what it is or what the cause is? We have discussed the possibliity of it being a strage seizure syndrome, or cluster headaches, migranes. My question is what would cause this to happen every 2 1/2 months? It is crazy! We can predict that his next headache will be mid April! Who can do that with a migrane? Any ideas, help or anyone out there dealing with this same issue? I would grately appreciate it! Thanks for listening!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2013
I'm 16 and has been suffering from migranes since I was a toddler. I never had medication when I was younger to help me. I would lay in a dark room. Something that helps me now is, benadryl. When I would go to the ER for a headache/migrane they would give me benadryl and composen. So at home I tried benadryl, and it works most of the time it just makes me tired. If he could take that I would try it. And also I found out that I needed glasses and that was a big part of my headaches. If you need glasses and don't wear them you can suffer from migranes. I hope I helped
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....