Our One year old girl has been sick for 8 days now. Last Thursday she ran 102* fever with no other symptoms. We took her to her Ped and they looked at everything and said she had a bug.. Two days later she starts throwing up pretty much everything you give her. The vomit turns slimy and clear and finally it starts getting brown spocks in it... On Monday they admit her into the hospital and start her on IV fluid, zantac and a broad spectrum AB. She comes home on Teusday and sis on a strict liquid diet of Pedialyte. She goes in for a follow up on Thursday and the Doc says she is doing good and she will be back 100% in no time. Now finally on Friday she made it all day with no vomit so Today (Saturday) we start her on 1/2 strength formula (Nutramagin) and she keeps it down, though she is Gassy . We add a little applesauce as well and late i nthe day after a 4 ouce bottle she vomits the bottle and some applesauce up. The vomit is still clear and slimy.. I know some of these viral bugs hit the little ones hard but this one has me stumped..

Is the slimy vomit still the stomach secretion from the inflammation from the Bug? Should we be demanding something special from our Ped?

At a loss,

Rick
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2009
You did not mention whether your child had any diarrhea along with her vomiting. This combination can more quickly cause dehydration and hospitalization for treatment. I am sure several tests were run during your child’s hospital stay. Ask your pediatrician to discuss if any possible cause for her condition was found, (i.e. if any virus, bacteria, or parasite was found). If she indeed has no diarrhea, some x-ray or ultrasound imaging of her stomach and upper GI tract may be indicated. If her symptoms persist she will have to be seen and reevaluated including perhaps a neurologic evaluation.
LJGMD

|

replied December 9th, 2011
my little girl
my little girl is 1 and is being sick when she drink something or eats but she has no temp and seems herself , also she has a dry nappy ? she started being sick last night at 7.30 and then again at 9.00 pm and then again when she woke an had her bottle ?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.