Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

15 year old smoking cannibis.

I am fifteen years old and have been smoking MJ for aproximately five months.. I have researched a crap-ton about cannibis and I think it's okay for me to do it. I have managed a 3.7 GPA all year long while I have been smoking and figured it has not and will not affect me academically. I am involved in high school football and work out five times a week. marijuana has really changed me in the past five months by increasing my motivation drastically. personally, I think it's weird that I can keep up with myself while smoking close to 75 grams a week. I am wondering what the life long effects of cannibis on a male. cancer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 20th, 2010
Experienced User
happiness abound
|

replied June 5th, 2010
When you first start smoking weed it will affect you differently to how it will say 12 months or more from now.

long term effects - depression, suicidal thoughts, psychosis, more chance of getting involved in harder drugs, lack of motivation, weight gain, low oxygen levels, increased chance in picking up colds and flus.
|

replied June 5th, 2010
When you first start smoking weed it will affect you differently to how it will say 12 months or more from now.

long term effects - depression, suicidal thoughts, psychosis, more chance of getting involved in harder drugs, lack of motivation, weight gain, low oxygen levels, increased chance in picking up colds and flus.
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Long term side effects are obstructive pulmonary disorders, malignancy and schizophrenia.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.