So uh, hello everyone.

I'm a 14 year old male with a couple questions about heart attacks and how they feel. But first, a little about me.

I'm skinny and tall (about 120-130 pounds and almost 6 feet tall)
I don't get a ton of exercise. (I'm a gamer type, but I still do try to get some exercise everyday)
I eat very very healthy (No outside food, cook everything at home. No sugar/allergic stuff).
I do have POTS (Pretty much it's where my pulse races and I lose blood pressure when I go from laying down or sitting to standing up, it's caused by rapid growth)
I have had an EKG recently ( I was in the hospital about 3-6 months ago due to my POTS issue, to which they did an EKG and said everything was perfect)
Have a panic disorder that makes me feel very nervous.

Anyway, enough of that.

Pretty much, I've been having a couple issues with my body that I really need some help with, or at least advice.

I sometimes get a achy chest/left arm that comes and goes (as in it will go away for 3 or so minutes, come back for a little bit, then disappear and repeat). This pain can be in different places in my chest, but it always hurts the same. It's just a very dull ache. In fact, I currently have it near my left ribcage area.

Now, normally I wouldn't be worried at all over this, as the pain is almost nothing. That was before I searched my symptoms online and read that every and all chest pain should be taken to the emergency room. Now, as I do have a panic disorder, this makes the pain much worse and makes me feel worse. This pain does not go away with rest. I do know sometimes this pain is gas, as I burp and it feels better, but I'm not sure this is always the issue.

I've asked my mom about this (shes a nurse) and she says that me having a heart attack is just so rare, there's almost no chance. It still scares the heck out of me though, because I don't want to have my heart stop while I'm laying in bed.

I've had this pain a lot recently, as my panic has gotten much worse. I have it maybe 20 times a month? Is there any chance I could have a heart attack that much?

I'm sorry about bothering you guys with this, I'm just not sure what to do. It really scares me.

Also, during this whole pain thing, I don't have any other symptoms of a heart attack. No sweating, no vomiting, no nothing. I just don't see how gas could cause pain in my arm, though?

Thank you guys for help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 26th, 2012
By the sounds of it you need to talk to a doctor about it, they give the Best advice.

Now this is me a a Level 2 First Aider, When it happens, sit down take a deep breath and relax. A heart attack occurs Mostly as a result of coronary heart disease.

Heart attack symptoms include:

Chest pain or discomfort. This involves uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain in the center or left side of the chest that can be mild or strong. This discomfort or pain often lasts more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back. - Which is what you are saying.

Upper body discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw, or upper part of the stomach.

Shortness of breath, which may occur with or before chest discomfort.

Nausea (feeling sick to your stomach), vomiting, light-headedness or sudden dizziness, or breaking out in a cold sweat.

Those are the symptoms of a heart attack. If you do notice this see a doctor IMMEDIATELY. But dont let me worry you please, you Might be having a semi-heart attack where it sorta fixes itself up.

Let me know if i helped Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....