Hello I am a 25 year old female and have been noticing the hair on the crown of my head is quite thin. I don't like to wear parts because too much of my scalp shows. My hair has always Ben very fine, and so have my eyebrows. I never in life have ever had to shave my legs. I am not exactly losing hair, so I don't know of its gotten worse or if I am just beginning to notice it now. My dad exhibits the typical ,ale pattern baldness and my mom has very fine hair too. I am not sure if I should assume its androgenic alopecia since its not just my head, but my legs and eyebrows have always been thin too. Either way, I'd love to know what's wrong, and if I can fix it...and if not...if it will get worse
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2013
See a dermatologist! I'm a 24 year old female and have noticed hair loss since I was 22. First family doc said it was androgenetic alopecia and put me on rogaine (after running tons of labs). He closed his office and another doc told me I was too young for that. Finally I went to a derm and he put me on spironolactone and men's rogaine foam. I think it's finally starting to work after a year of treatment.
Don't wait too long! I was embarrassed to go but I just had to think about how if my hair is this thin at my age how is it going to be in 10 years?
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2014
Experienced User
Well, as your hair loss is hereditory. So, in this case, I would say either use mixture of coconut and olive oil, else use any herbal oil. Moreover, whatever the case, consult a doctor.
|

replied September 4th, 2014
There can be many reasons for having thin hairs i.e excessive physical or emotional stress, hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, poor hair care routine, and heredity. So First of all see the real reason of hair problem and try to improve it. That helps you to get thick hairs.
|

replied April 22nd, 2015
I would first suggest you to change the diet plan of yours and include green leafy vegetable and the one which contains more vitamin E, as your diet plays a vital role and secondly be stress free. Last I would suggest you to try Kadi natural hair product which will moisturizes and conditions dry hair and scalp and reduces hair breakage.
|
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....