Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

9 year old female has chronic uti infections and enlarged kidney

My daughter is a 9 year old female. She has Cat eye syndrome. History of incontinence. The past 2 years she has experienced recurrent UTI due to E. Coli.2017 renal ultrasound showed R kidney 10.9 L kidney 11.9 (2010 US showed kidneys at 7.5 7.7.) Pediatrician was not concerned about abnormal size. In the past 2 weeks she developed a UTI containing Strep Viridan. She completed 10 day antibiotic treatment. 48 hours after completion of antibiotics we performed another U/A which showed she had another UTI due to strep viridan. She is now on a 7 day treatmentIs it a new UTI or a resistant strain?
We saw a urologist in April but she didn't seem concerned with enlargement.
Are large kidneys normal? Are kidney size and UTIs connected? Possible outcomes? We see another urologist in February but I'm too worried to wait. What can I do at home to speed up diagnosis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...