My daughter came to me today and stated she started her period.. I explained how to put the pad on and congratulated her on growing up.. but I've been thinking about it.. She's 11 years old.. (got mine at 13) could it be something else? or really her period? Should I have her check by a doctor.. She's not complaining of any problems or anything.. but the other day when I was washer clothes I found a pair of panties that had a bit of discharge on em.. I asked her if she was haven any itching or anything problems.. She said no.. and today her period started.. could of just been normally premenstrual discharge and nothing to worry about.. also.. is there a website or book that you would recommend for a young girl just starting this journey??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 6th, 2010
I started my period when I was 11 years old and in the sixth grade. This is normal. Every body is different. I had a friend that didn't start hers until she was 16. Nothing was/is wrong with her menstrual cycle. So yes, this is most likely really her period. It just means that her body is probably going to change at a faster pace than other girls her age that have not already gotten their period. No worries. Smile kidshealth.org is a site designed for teens. It will give you and your daughter information and tips on what to expect. kotex.com may have some helpful tips as well-just click on the top link "articles and info" and then click on "my daughters period." Hope this helps!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...