Hi. I'm 17 years old and I had a failed lumbar corticosteroid injection 10 months ago to fix a bulging disc. I developed debilitating headaches, nausea, and severe vomiting days later and the hospital would not take responsibility and blamed it on the flu. After that, I had a blood patch to fix a csf leak caused by the injection. It worked for maybe two hours. Days later I got violently ill and blacked out, and went to the emergency room and received another blood patch days later which was only minimally successful. Since then, I've seen countless doctors and I've had a headache that hasn't gone away in ten months. I didn't get headaches before the injection. Plus I also recently learned that the bulging disk has a tear and is beginning to flake off and block nerve endings. In ten months I've made negative progress and I don't really know what to do at this point. I've talked to therapist, neurologists, orthopetics, hemotologists, and pretty much everyone under the sun. At this point I'm just looking for advice. I don't want to live the rest of my life like this. Thank you very much for reading!! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 4th, 2014
The headaches are mostly located in the back of my head and are better with sitting down but best with lying down. This leads me to think it that they still may be spinal related. Caffeine is the only thing that minimally affects the headaches. The headaches have led me to miss 45+ days of school and I have left early 25+ times. Also I had to take a leave of absence from work because it amplifies the headaches. As of now I am more focused on the headaches than the back pain (headaches started in 10/13 and back pain in 11/12). If anyone has any advice on how to deal with headaches I would be very grateful to hear them. Lately, I've just felt out of it and I just haven't been myself and I'm just looking for advice. Thank you for your time!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....