Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

17 year old boy, what options do I have?

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
I have had CPT and golf elbow, or so my doctor says, since nov 09, so almost a year, it hasnt gotten better, and he doesnt recommend surgery/cortico injection. i have gotten a bit of acupuncture and im trying to find a A.R.T. therapist. The injury itself came from excessive weight lifting, but i stopped after 1 month of having mild symptomes, and they have only gotten worse ever since.

Please help, any tip/suggestion is appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2010
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a medical condition in which the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to pain, paresthesias, and muscle weakness in the forearm and hand.

Treatments can be generally divided into four basic categories: 1. You must rest your hand for weeks 2. The doctor may include some drugs to relieve the pain 3. Doctor may give you a cast to help ease pain 4. If the hand does not cure, you may need surgery.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.