Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

27 y/o, my knee suddenly crunches?

User Profile
I am 27 years old, suddenly began to sound my right knee, as crunches, mostly when climbing stairs. NO PAIN. And note to compare both knees that the right side is a little bit high, by extending the knees. I am 27 years old, 5,5 feet, weight 155. I do not do any sport, I used to go to the gym, I did spinning for 3 months

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2014
Arthritis Answer A47023
Welcome to e health forum.

Most people have knees that crack when they squat down or go through the full arc of motion.

Joint popping that occurs repeatedly can be caused by harmless events, such as knuckle cracking or snapping of a tendon over a protruding bony prominence. Such situations are not associated with pain or joint swelling.

Repeated joint popping can also be caused by conditions that represent more serious joint status, such as a cartilage tear from a torn meniscus or degenerated cartilage from osteoarthritis. Such conditions can present with acute pain, joint swelling, limited joint function either due to pain or due to difficulty in joint movement.

At your young age, it is less likely that you may have serious knee problems including osteoarthritis or other bone degenerative diseases. Hence as explained above, as long as you do not experience any form of pain or swelling, your symptoms should be benign, and nothing to worry about.

In case of any doubts, you may consult your doctor or a Orthopedic Surgeon, who can advice you accordingly.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.