Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

44 y/o m, overweight but BP controlled, always feel bad

User Profile
I am 44 year old male. I am about 80 lbs. overweight...non smoker, only occasionally drinker. I take Lisinopril for BP. Here is my question. I feel bad ALL the time. Here is the thing..I have had numerous tests done..blood work, iron, blood sugar, nuclear stress test, EKG, thyroid, testosterone, all KINDS of test..and ALL of them are normal. The doctor does not seemed too concerned, but I feel bad all the time. My legs feel weak, I get lightheaded. I have muscle aches in my arms. I have felt this way for a long time, and I am sick and tired of feeling this way. It is starting to effect my life. I have little desire to do things, and I rarely am happy or get excited about anything. My BP is under control (124/84, pulse 66). I joined a gym, and I can do 45-hour on a treadmill with no big problems. I really do not think it is cardiac. Any ideas? It is really getting me down. I can't wait for a reply.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A47439
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Well since all basic tests have been done, go for autoimmune blood panel to rule out connective tissue and muscle disorders. The symptoms could also be side effect of the medications you are taking. You may also be suffering from depression. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding these possibilities. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.