Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

36 y/o ESRD patient on dialysis since 2009

User Profile
I am a 36 y/o ESRD patient who has been on dialysis since 2009. I now do home PD. I have a difficult time with keeping my labs where they should be. I have no family history of kidney disease, diabetes, or high blood pressure. I am on potassium and Midodrine to help with low potassium and low blood pressure. My latest labs were in the normal range but I am having muscle cramps in my hands (my fingers lock), my left forearm (which has an unusable fistula), my calves, and my feet. I'm light-headed, will sweat profusely and then I'm cold, and I'm constantly nauseous especially after I take medicine. The doctor's don't know the cause of my ESRD but I'm concerned that something else is going on. Any help is appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2011
Kidney Conditions Answer A21816
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

From the history provided it seems that your symptoms are indeed due to electrolyte imbalance as a result of ESRD.

To know the exact cause of ESRD , you might benefit by tissue diagnosis (Biopsy of the kidney).

You might consult a nephrologist who might help you with your issues.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.