Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Would you do this? - sex every day for 365 days (Page 1)

User Profile
I just read an article on an American lady whom gave her husband a very, uh, ‘unique’ gift for his birthday; 365 days of sex. Yip, that’s right – she promised to have sex with him every day for a year.
Now, apparently this took some careful planning, but they almost did it.
She then wrote a book called 365 nights; a Memoir of Intimacy. (Charla Miller) The book is not about sex but more about how this experience has enriched their lives.
Apart from being very tired for a year – would you be able to do it, and is sex on a daily basis really necessary in your relationship?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Beline!!!!! How are you?????

(Okay, hijack over...)

I could do it. Very Happy

I've read crazier things like women who get their hymen reattached..."Happy Anniversary Honey, I'm a born again virgin!"
|

replied September 19th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I couldn't do it even if I wanted to. I can't think of anything less sexy than trying to do it during that time of the month. Between the cramps, bloating and mess, it would be a humiliating and painful experience to endure for me. My deal would have to be more like "every day that I'm not menstruating and not experiencing female pains due to my cycle". Even if it weren't for the pain I'd still be disgusted by the mess.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hey, Birchie!
I miss a couple of things that I took for granted before, (like the left side of my face) but otherwise I’m fine. It just takes me a bit longer to do things that normally took me a minute. (Like typing) Thanks for the pm. You have no idea how much your support and good wishes meant to me. sunny

Darkmoon, honey, I’m sooo glad that I’m not the only one who thought of all these minor details. I’m not a big fan of the deed to start off with, and the fact that body fluids grosses me out doesn’t help much either. If I have to do it EVERYDAY of the year…? When even more body fluids are concerned? I don’t think so.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I completely agree with darkmoon..not only does my boyfriend not want anything to do with sex during that time..usually i'm just never in the mood with the cramping and such plus the mess..ew..no...and there are some nights where you're both exhausted and some good cuddling is all you want..i dont wanna do it just because we're on a roll and haven't missed a day..i wanna do it when we're both in the mood...i think even if my boyfriend were given that as a present..as i said earlier,during "that time of the month" he would want nothing to do with me lol...i had to stop telling him when I go get my new pack of pills because for a week before and after he just wouldn't want to do anything! and I know EXACTLY when it comes and when it ends and to miss out on a week of lovin bc he's bein weird about things is just not worth it haha...so i keep my mouth shut about when i'm close to getting my new pack and he knows nothing now Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Darkmoon wrote:
I couldn't do it even if I wanted to. I can't think of anything less sexy than trying to do it during that time of the month. Between the cramps, bloating and mess, it would be a humiliating and painful experience to endure for me. My deal would have to be more like "every day that I'm not menstruating and not experiencing female pains due to my cycle". Even if it weren't for the pain I'd still be disgusted by the mess.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that "minor" detail!

Glad you are up and at 'em, Beline. Was worried about you!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
what if he isn't in the mood either? isn't much of a gift then is it? sex should be enjoyable for both people. what kind of person enjoys it when the person they love is just doing it out of obligation. shouldn't that be a turn off?

if she likes it as much as he does and it's something fun that they are both willing to go for then good for them but doing it just for publicity and to write a book is kind of sad really.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I think after a while it would seem like a chore, like "oh right, we need to have sex again today". It kind of takes some of the spontaneity out of lovemaking and ends up being one more thing you do that day, along with brushing your teeth and peeing. Just my opinion though, obviously. I'd get bored with it.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I agree Aya. I used to do it everyday with my ex, and it DID feel like just another thing to get over with.
|

replied September 20th, 2008
Experienced User
Beline wrote:
Would you do this? - sex every day for 365 days

I'll remain quiet on that one.
|

replied September 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
s_kalb wrote:
Beline wrote:

haha..do speak..from a males point of view..i'm sure thats a yes

but seriously..dont guys tire? my boyfriend does..we go through days where we dont want anything but each others good company and some cuddling...and then there are times we cant keep our hands off each other lol..but like aya said..i would hate for it to become a chore
|

User Profile
Supporter
s_kalb wrote:
Beline wrote:

My apologies for ever calling you a girl, Seba. Here is solid proof that you are DEFINITELY not one. Very Happy
|

Experienced User
worrywart01 wrote:
but s%eriously..dont guys tire? my boyfriend does..

Your boyfriend is weak ! Lol j/k Razz

We do tire. It depends on how fast we reload. I'm sure we all have our personal records Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

However, we have much less often "headaches".

PS: Ahh, finally Beline ! Besides, the remaining proof of my unmale perfection ( Rolling Eyes ) dissapeared since our giant subject imploded on itself. Too bad.
|

User Profile
Supporter
s_kalb wrote:
worrywart01 wrote:
but s%eriously..dont guys tire? my boyfriend does..

Your boyfriend is weak ! Lol j/k Razz

Show off!! Very Happy
|

Extremely eHealthy
haha...i assure you he isn't Wink

i dont get "headaches" often lol...i very rarely turn him down, if i'm not in the mood..he knows how to get me in the mood regardless of how tired i am ..so he doesn't miss out often
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Supporter
I tihnk I'd be willing to try if I got a book deal out of it, or perhaps if we together had some sort of goal we wanted to reach...and then rewarded ourselves. I don't think I've had sex more than 100 times in my life...so it would be interesting!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Okay, next question: who would be able to go celibate for 365?

No need to answer that one, Seba! Laughing Laughing
|

User Profile
Supporter
Ideally, I'd love it. Realistically, it could never happen. There are days when I'm literally too tired and not in the mood. I hate having sex when I'm not in the mood.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I guess that would depend on your definition of celebate, Beline. Do you mean no sex with another partner or no masturbation either?

I wouldn't be able to go celebate. I love my husband too much. But if I weren't married I probably wouldn't have a problem at all going without sex. Not sure about masturbation though - that's probably a no.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Before I met him, my bf was undergoing a year of self-imposed celibacy. He wanted to focus on other things, had been through two disastrous long term relationships, and wanted to 'center' himself as far as his needs in his relationship with women. He was a little over a year...

Then he met me. Twisted Evil
|