Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Worst pain ever under upper right rib cage which radiates

I'm a 24 year old female who keeps getting reoccuring left sided pain for over a year now. It feels like left ribs are swollen or there is some kind of pressure there, with these sharp pains in flank and lower left abdomen around hip area. I have had CT KUB to check for kidney stones etc and abdominal ultrasound plus blood test to check for inflamation and these have come back clear. I have also been now getting excruiating pain, literally the worse pain ever under upper right rib cage which radiates around back which tends to last a few hours?? Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2014
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Worst pain radiating to back could indicate pancreatitis, or even chances of endometriosis. It is difficult to comment one the exact cause without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and get started on treatment as appropriate (based on correlation of symptoms with examination findings and evaluation results) to help you control the pain. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Avoid skipping meals, and avoid use of carbonated beverages. Take frequent small meals. Avoid citrus fruits and drinks.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.