Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

worry, or should I try and lose wait first

User Profile
Sometimes, not all the time, I get a pain in my upper left stomach area. Sometimes, not all the time, it hurts to lay on my upper left side. The last few days I have noticed that my upper left side is swollen. Now I'm already a pretty big girl, big chested, and chunky, so at first I thought I was just getting a little extra fat. Now I'm starting to notice that it's definetly looks a little swollen. I don't feel any lumps (but I could be wrong or bias). I'm worried but have no money for doctor just to find out nothing is wrong. Should I be worried or should I try and lose wait first and see if it's just a weight problem.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Its obesity and gastric discomfort is common in obese people. Lose weight, modify diet and lifestyle and the issue will subside.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.