Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

worried to take hormonal therapy

User Profile
Dear doctor,
i am female 28 years old & married i tried to have child for 5 months but no result , my menstruation cycle was regular average 35 days but from 2 months back my period late & come after 55 days i was under stress in my work & this third fifth time in my life to come like this but the normal from 35 t0 38 days , i went to gyn doctor & she told me i ve Pcos in both ovaries & my hormones at 2nd day of my period were
free T4 0.99 ng/dl
FSH 5.4 mlU/ml
LH 4.7 mlU/ml
Prolactin 12.0 ng/ml
TSH 0.991uIU/ml
& the doctor told me to take dydrogesterone 10 mg at day 14 for 10 days
& 2nd day of next period start clomid for 5 days
really i am so worried to take hormonal therapy so kindly advise me please ,thanks

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2011
Infertility Answer A28725

Welcome to ehealthforum and I am glad to help you

In polycystic ovaries the hormone dis-balance is such that there are long intervals in between two periods.The best way to regularize the periods in such a situation is to take oral pills.The medications which you have been prescribed are fine and Clomid is the drug of choice.You should start them earliest as medications would help in regularizing periods and also hormonel levels would be stabilized.
PCOD can cause problems in conceiving so take the medications as advised and they are usually prescribed for a longer duration.Do not stop the medications on your own.Also avoid stress as it can affect hormones and conception.
Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.