Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

worried the docter is wrong and i have genital warts or....

User Profile
Alright i have these tiny little flesh colored, skin tag looking bumps on my inner vulva. They itch horribly and there is a smelly discharge. I went to the docter about it 3 months ago and i was diagnosed with a yeast infection. Took the medication, still not gone. I went to the docter again 2 weeks ago and he looked at it and said i have an ulcer, so he prescribed antibotics and an external cream for bacterial Vaginosis (for the discharge). Well once i started the medication everything felt fine. Bumps went away and the "ulcer" shrunk. Well once the medication ended i begun having sex with my boyfriend again. Still fine no bumps or itchiness. Well the night before we had sex again the next day i got this itchiness inside my vagina, which later i discovered resulted with more bumps coming back and an extreme itch. Im worried the docter is wrong and i have genital warts or herpes. My boyfriend has had no symptoms or bumps. Im 18 and the both of us have only been with eachother.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A40020
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms suggest recurrence of infection or re-infection. If your partner was not treated simultaneously, chances of re-infection are high. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and evaluation to identify underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation and keep the area clean and dry. Avoid introduction of foreign objects into vagina. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. Consider requesting for prescription of a Probiotic (to be used after you finish with taking the other medications) to restore the normal vaginal flora to minimize opportunistic infection/repeat infections.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.