Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Worried about myocarditis from getting Fillings done at dentist

hello there i am a 33 year old women and i went to the dentist yesterday to get a check up and a the time he said that he would do sum fillings so he did 2 filling but i also told him i have mitral Heart Valve and that i havnt took any aintbotic Before hand and he said not that would be ok. Now i am very very very worried that i will get myocarditis as i only had the filings done yesterday morning and have a burning feelng in the thorat and i can still taste the stuff they did the fillig with as still taste it a day after. can sumone please help me asap and i am very very scared about getting a heart infection and need to hear from other people that have gone though the same thing!

Hope to Get Sum Replys ASAP
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2012
Filling cavities should not per se be an issue in a person with a problem with the mitral valve of the heart. The problem with persons with mitral valve disease and dental care is more related to procedures like pulling a tooth or invading the gum line. You don't tell us what kind of problem you have with your mitral valve.
I doubt that your burning feeling in the throat or your tasting the stuff in the mouth should be of concern.
Please note that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.