Hi doc,
I'm a 22 year old lad who went on a lads holiday to magaluf around 2 years ago, I slept with two women over there whom I had only just met but have reason to beleive that one of the girls previous partner was a heroin user. I have since been worried about HIV infection, I only had vaginal intercourse for around ten minutes with the women and had a test as soon as I got home which was negative, and a test one month after which was also negative. However years down the line I am still thinking about the fact that I may be infected. Alot of doctors have told me not to worry and that I am being stupid but I am again lookin for reassurance if you could help. I think that the girl had sone sort of sti but I am not sure what. Please help as this is taking over my life and current relationship.
Many thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

Since the incident was about 2 years ago, and tests done at that time were negative, there is no need to worry about them anymore.

In addition since you have not developed any symptoms as well, this is another proof that the tests are conclusive and you are disease free.

You might consult a doctor, who can provide proper reassurance and proper advice.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.