Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Worried about having some kind of lymph gland disease in groin.

Hello, I am an 18 year old male, I am a very fit rock climber so I should be in a very healthy state however for years I have had many little hard pea sized lumps in my groin area. I have never asked a doctor about them as I thought they where normal. Apparently not.
They do not feel sore unless I push at them too much. I should probably mention that I have very little body fat (about 8-10% body fat) and I am very muscular, especially in the abdominal regions so would it be possible that the muscle is pushing the glands out and the lack of fat makes them easy to feel?
The lumps kind of follow the V line down the upper thigh in s somewhat scattered fashion.
Should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2015
Thank you for asking

I read your question and I understand your concern. These pea sized lumps need to be assessed and evaluated. With them being there for years with no increase in size of associated symptoms like weight loss or night sweats etc. These are likely innocuous. Likely suspicions are lipomas, fibromas or mere skin tags.

I hope it helps. Consult your doctor as our advice is just for education purposes only.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.